Thursday, October 18, 2012

Porch Roof

Sadly, I am no longer here but our carpenter is taking pictures with his cell phone as it progresses.
His wife has been emailing them once a week.


The roof is ready for shingles and both the front and back porch roof is up.

(Look at that blue sky! Isn't that beautiful!)


Still a lot of dirt to move but the husband can use all of it and then some for fill inside the barn.


It still needs the porch floors but that will come soon.
The windows and doors are now on and I'll see pictures in a day or so.
Next week they'll add the trim around the doors and windows and also the battens on the siding so that it resembles board and batten.

The septic is going in next week along with hooking up the well and burying water to the bunkhouse.

I'm loving this Douglas Fir, I plan to continue using it inside for the flooring and the trim.

It's really hard not to pack up the truck and head back out, I miss Wyoming!

4 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!! If not Wyoming, where are you??

Tina said...

The bunk house is really coming along. I know you can't wait for it to be finished.

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I love your blog, and I was hoping to get some information from you on life in Wyoming. My family and I are planning on moving up there around June of next year.

Unknown said...

Hi Faye,
your country is amazing!!! Love all your pictures..
I´m hapy that i found you blogs.
Bye Vlaďka