Monday, May 10, 2010

Well Water...at last

I know, it doesn't look like much, but after several years of hauling water from the neighbors...which we really appreciated, it's soooooo nice to have our own water. My husband finally put a pump in the well last summer (2009) and hooked up the electricity so we have running water! It may have to come out of a garden hose for now but I'm so happy to have water!


So that means now I can do laundry the way I like to do laundry! I still prefer the old Maytag wringer washer. My husband spotted the double laundry tubs with the lid at an antique store in Missouri for cheap! We grabbed it without hesitating. It's a prefect set up! As long as I don't drop the wet laundry on the dirt floor!

The tub lid is leaning against an old mangle...the old electric things that pressed clothing. My mom had one when I was a little kid and I've never seen one since until in Byron, Wyoming at a sale a couple of years ago. The woman was so happy someone was interested in it that she insisted I take it for free! I think it will make a great plant stand on the porch of our house that is not built yet! My husband was not happy about this but he loaded it up in the truck anyway! I think it's so cool!

There is a second washer in the background. For all of these years I have saved both my Grandma's and my moms washer. I grew up using my moms and they still do the best job over any automatic and talk about "going green"...this is way more green than any modern machine, to me anyway.



1 comment:

Montanagirl said...

Great post! Ya know, my Mother used to have a mangle. Had forgotten they even existed until I read your post today. Hmmm....wonder if it's still out at the farmhouse???